Y'all, I have crawled out of my seasonal affective disorder torpor, because it is SPRING! I get to see daylight now, which is mega exciting. When I get home I can, like, go for a walk! Because I can see. And seeing stuff helps when you want to go for a walk.
I'm juiced about Spring. I have lots of extra energy because 1.) It's not cold, 2.) I've been eating pretty much only vegetables CONSTANTLY, 3.) I've been taking my B vitamins, 4.) seeing plants sprout and bloom all over the place is exciting to me, and 5.) I've been getting enough sleep b/c BT has been coming home at 5:45 like a normie this week.
I'm such a slut for Spring.
We planted lots of vegetable seeds in peat pots a couple of weeks ago and they are sprouting like mofos! We like to stare at them and point flashlights and take a tally on how many sprouts are popping. This is not boring to us.
I'm slowly but surely digging out a vegetable garden and I have visions of burgeoning vegetable plants and vines just going NUTS in that garden, but in reality I know that I'm going to have bug problems, like always. I've been doing research, though, so I am prepared for the little dastardly squash borers, horn worms, and any other plant terrorists that come my way. Or so I think. I'm going to try neem oil, BT (the caterpillar disease, not the person), tin foil, chicken wire, and companion plants. I hope to get at least a little yield this year!
I wish I could just garden all the time. I'd be the happiest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love Spring too. Especially in Decatur with all the Dogwoods. Beautiful. One of the few good things about Texas is that it hardly gets cold at all. I wish I could have a garden. I love home grown veggies. Yummm...
ooh! we just started seeds up in va...it'll still be a few weeks until it's warm enough for them to be in the ground there. andy says they are starting to sprout. he also put in rasberry bushes this year! we're going to try green zebra tomatoes this year, too. gardens are exciting!
Jennette, do you have a porch or balcony? If you do, you could get a tomato plant. Some tomato plants do really well in containers!
Anjie, tomatoes are my favorite! Last year, my tomato plant was destroyed by evil hornworms, but I'm ready for them this year....
Post a Comment