Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Scary v. Not Scary

I found this list on my computer. I'm not sure when I wrote it, but I think I'm making a pretty good point here:
_____________________________________

Scary

Blair Witch

Cave zombies*

Zombies from 28 Days Later**

Not scary

Aliens from Signs ***

Trucker from Joyride

Any vampire movie where the vampires are “sensual”****

____________________________________________

*If you are not familiar with cave zombies, please immediately watch the movie The Descent.

**If we are going to talk about 28 Days Later, it must be mentioned that Cillian Murphy's finest cinematic moments are toward the end of the movie when he goes all RAMBO on everyone. Most of the time, I think Cillian Murphy looks like a lady (a pretty lady, but a lady), but in this movie, he truly shines. But also, if you enjoyed seeing Cillian Murphy looking like a lady in Batman Begins, you might enjoy Cillian Murphy looking like a lady in Sunshine. I enjoyed Sunshine, although it got pretty silly, for real. But if you watch it, you will see that the Human Torch was NOT JOKING AROUND, he was GETTING SHIT DONE. Respect.

***Why do aliens always have to be humanoid?

****BT pointed this phenomenon out to me, and I have to say, I am pretty tired of movies and books where vampires are "sexy" or "cool." WE GET IT. Let's see some scary vampires already, okay? Like, really disgusting and frightening vampires. (I have been told to watch the original Salem's Lot for some actual scary vampire action.)



[This post is dedicated to Tatum, who TOTALLY feels me on the cave zombies.]

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gurl, I am so pumped that you dedicated this post to me. Cave Zombies are about the scariest things ever. I also have to agree about the vampires. I have heard that the vampires in 30 days of night are actually scary and more zombie-like. I think we need to check it out, that and CHUD!

KB(T) said...

I know you're right b/c nothing could be scarier than Carnivorous Humanoid Underground Dwellers!

Unknown said...

I looooooovvveeee sexy vampires, if I get a choice of how I die/become immortal then that's it

KB(T) said...

Allen, I will accept and embrace your sexy vampirism, but I won't be scared of you!