So happy Year of the Ox, people! This is supposed to be a year of working hard toward prosperity.
Speaking of working, I am in a studio now! My friend Lora is kindly renting me space in her studio over on Zonolite. It's a small space, so we're being as efficient as possible. I'm trying to take up as little space as I can, too, because 1.) I pay VERY low rent to Lora so she deserves the most space, and 2.) I don't want to start up a habit of spreading out too much or accumulating too much stuff. I want to keep things simple, studio-wise. We are making an effort to keep the studio (and our lungs) very clean. Of course, the word "zonolite" doesn't exactly inspire visions of healthy, pink lungs, but we are doing our best to keep the silica at bay, at least.
I'm trying to get into another book by Lark Books, who published 500 Plates and Chargers last year. It's called 500 Vases, and the juror is Julia Galloway, who makes BEEEEYOOTEEFUL pots (Google her now!). I'm submitting a little bud vase. This is my first experience with digital images and it's been pretty good so far; only a wee bit confusing, but I'll get over it. I'm just glad I don't have to drive all the way to E6 to get slide duplicates or find someone with a slide projector or spend, like, an hour deciding which slides have the best lighting. My eyes are especially thankful for the last one.
I hope anyone who is reading is doing just swell and is having a good year so far!
Today, my bag of tea tells me this: "Inspiring others toward happiness brings you happiness." Does this video make you happy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Todd had said the year of the ox was going to be bad for sheep/goat people, but I just looked it up, and it looks pretty good for the 1979ers. Congratulations on the studio space and good luck on getting your pot into the book. I thought about requesting that my library order the book you were in before, because I wanted to see it, but I thought that might be a misuse of my power. Also, that cat video made me laugh. I called Todd in, and he laughed, too. :)
Oh good, I'm glad you got a chuckle! That means I properly obeyed my teabag.
Post a Comment