Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Reign of Terror over BT

I have decided that BT and I are going to watch a bunch of scary movies this October. He just doesn’t know it yet. BT doesn’t handle scary movies that well, but I’m gradually breaking him in. He likes zombie movies now, but let’s face it, zombie movies are all about resourcefulness and survival of the fittest, and that is just plain interesting. Plus, everybody knows that zombies are not intelligent and all you have to do to get rid of one is destroy its head. “28 Days Later” is one of my favorite movies ever! All the little details, the whole concept of waking up in the middle of a zombie outbreak, Cillian Murphy going all Rambo at the end.… I just thought it was pretty much perfect as far as zombie movies go. We just watched the remake of “Dawn of the Dead” and found it to be adequate.

BT has agreed to watch The Orphanage with me this weekend. Guillermo del Toro is the producer, so I feel like it’s going to be good, even though he directed Mimic, which was just awful. Anyway, check it out, omg I’m so excited to watch it:



Note: I felt compelled to use the trailer without the English voiceover (I mean, I love the “IN A WORLD GONE MAD” guy as much as the next person, but it sort of detracts from the spookiness, wouldn’t you agree?).

I want to watch Nosferatu also, and, no, not only because of Nosferatu’s adorable buck teeth:



I mainly want to see it because it was made WELL before the phenomenon of “sexy vampires” (I will never forgive you, Ann Rice) so it will probably be grittier, but maybe also cheesy. I have several differing expectations for Nosferatu, so we shall see. Anyway, check it, Nosferatu is decidedly UN-sexy and he is owning it, people:



He is all, “Yeah, I’m undead, what of it? I do what I want!” He doesn't waste time putting on Ray Bans or powdering his pompadour wig, he goes for the blood, people. Love it.

I also plan on making BT watch “Devil’s Backbone” with me:



Scary movie + Guillermo del Toro + Pedro Almodovar = YES PLEASE. Only thing that would make it better would be a shirtless Cillian Murphy going all Rambo at the end, because I can watch that any number of times and not get tired of it. That should be at the end of every movie.

3 comments:

Julie of the Wisdom People said...

I hadn't even heard of The Orphanage, but I agree that it looks very good. I should warn you that The Devil's Backbone has scary parts and some things that you'd associate with a scary movie, but I still wouldn't consider it a scary movie. It's just a Guillermo del Toro movie. That might be good for BT, though.

Julie of the Wisdom People said...

I just realized that my comment made it sound like I didn't like The Devil's Backbone. I should have said, it's a Guillermo del Toro movie! Which means it's awesome! (Mimic aside)

KB(T) said...

Well, we watched The Orphanage, and it was good, but not very scary. Sounds kind of like how you are describing The Devil's Backbone. I still want to see that, though.

The Orphanage is more like a mystery/quasi-ghost story than a horror movie. But it's hard to put in a category. I like unclassifiable movies!