Hi! I have a secret. As panicky as I am about finding my next tankful of gasoline, I am kind of excited that I can use gas conservation as an excuse to simply go home and lie around. There, I said it. I don't have to feel guilty about not getting work done in the studio, or not going to the gym, or not running important errands, because I am CONSERVING GAS, people! So I'd better do my part and lie around and read and play with my cat and, um, maybe take a little nap? I'm excited about getting home this evening. Haha, pitiful.
That said, the Citgo at the corner East College Avenue and Livingston Place in Avondale (the one connected to Jax Package Store) will forever be my mistress because those guys are ORGANIZED. And I appreciate that. If you can imagine, I'm not much of a pugilist, so I like to wait patiently in fast-moving lines directed by harried yet pleasant Citgo employees, and not worry about mean people pulling in front of me or blocking me in or yelling unpleasantries at me. I don't want to get into any scrapes; I am too mild-mannered.
Another cool thing about conserving gas is that you find all kinds of treasures within walking distance of your house. Like, Friday night we walked over to the Indian vegetarian restaurant that used to be Po'Folks. Delicious! And we discovered the following useful places along the way: pharmacy (Publix has one, thankfully), UPS store, and saltwater aquarium supply store. If not for my pesky job, I would never require my car again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment