I am a coat girl, rather than a shoe girl. In fact, when it comes to shoes, I have very little confidence that I am ever wearing the right shoes with the right outfit. I worry over my shoe choice more than I ought to. And socks, don't even get me started on socks or I will STRESS OUT. And what sort of shoe does one wear with harem pants? And what sort of sock? Should one ever wear socks with harem pants? I have a gut instinct that the answer is "no."
Anyway, I own like eleventy coats, which is just silly, especially since I don't own a lot of closets. And I only ever wear a couple of the coats. But I am sentimental and can't get rid of my other coats. I mean, I can't give away my grandmother's teal wool trench, can I? Or the vintage Russian-looking full length herringbone wool with the giant fur collar which I am embarrassed to wear because it is a Very Noticeable Coat and people will ask me how I can wear fur when I am uncomfortable eating meat? Or the purple coat with yarn detail that someone once told me made me look like a very cute Muppet? Or the red pleather coat with fake fur collar that my friend Ben once told me makes me look like the ass of a baboon? Well, maybe I can give that one away. I put it on BT once and it made him look like a Ukrainian strip club owner. It doesn't flatter.
Anyway, I want you to tell me it is okay for me to buy a black down coat that is on sale at Eddie Bauer, especially because they are offering free shipping through tomorrow and I chanced upon a 15% off coupon. I am going somewhere VERY cold for my birthday and I really think I "need" this coat. I already have a down coat but it is very very puffy and makes me look like a marshmallow and is white which is a very impractical color for a coat, especially if one is going to travel in it. And it has a voluminous hood. Which is also stuffed with down.
I have pretty much talked myself into buying the coat, but thank you for listening to my self-indulgent and embarassing ramblings. In the meantime, shall I throw a coat party? Where everyone can select one of my coats to put on and we can just sit around on my deck wearing coats? Would that even be fun? And who is the lucky one who gets to wear the baboon coat?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Black, stream-lined down coat = practical. Do it to it, free shipping, on sale AND a %15 off coupon? That coat is trying so hard to make its way to you...
Amongst your formidable collection there does not seem to be a lot of function. It would be IMpractical of you not to add this to your collection. And I think you should wear it to the coat party!
Contact me anytime for all your enabling needs!
Thank you! For that, you get first choice of coats for the coat party.
Post a Comment