Monday, December 21, 2009

Can I just say that it's pretty hard to find places that accept donations of unopened toiletries? I've been looking online all morning for such a place, to no avail. I tend to receive a lot of gifts of lotions and body washes and other toiletries and I really don't want them, but I also don't want to throw them away.

Does anyone know of any specific place that accepts unopened toiletries?

5 comments:

Julie of the Wisdom People said...

I have you already tried shelters for abused women, etc.? There are a couple places in Forsyth Co. that I think would take the donations, but I don't know of anywhere in your area.

Julie of the Wisdom People said...

What the? "I have you" was just supposed to be "Have you"

Allen said...

I just bring them into work and put them in a box or basket with a note....

KB(T) said...

The work thing would be a good idea, but work people gave the items to me....

Along the lines of women's shelters, I think I might try Hagar's House in Decatur.

I hope SOMEONE will want this sexy chocolate body lotion and sparkly vanilla bath gel!

Anjie said...

I just don't really understand lotions, etc. that smell like dessert. I like cinnamon rolls, but I don't want to walk around smelling like one...and it just makes me want to have snacks more often. Anyway...if you can't find a home for them our church has a food pantry/clothes closet with very few rules. We kind of take whatever people donate and put it out for folks to take if they want it.