I'm going to let you in on a little secret. After an intense workout at the gym, there is nothing tastier than a big bowl of peas! I am not kidding. I have had my tooth set for peas lately and I just decided to go with the craving.
The peas were in a frozen lump, though, so I had to chisel off a block with my trusty hammer. Appetizing, no? I also poured myself a glass of cold milk. It just hit the spot, what can I say?
______________________________
We have been really into poetry lately. I read Robert Frost's "After Apple Picking" to BT the other night and it BLEW HIS MIND. Does anyone have any poetry recommendations? I think I might hit up the Book Nook this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
the highwayman, i think that's the title, definitly the subject and any bookstore employee worth half therir weight in salt could lead you from there
any langston hughes
the author of charlotte's web, particularly the one called spider that he wrote to his wife
I LOVE Langston Hughes. I heard a commercial that used "A Dream Deferred" the other day and I teared up a little. I don't even know what it was a commercial for.
I found that E.B. White poem. Lovely. It's called "The Spider's Web." I will post it for everyone to enjoy!
The Spiders Web
The spider, dropping down from twig,
Unfolds a plan of her devising,
A thin premeditated rig
To use in rising.
And all that journey down through space,
In cool descent and loyal hearted,
She spins a ladder to the place
From where she started.
Thus I, gone forth as spiders do
In spider's web a truth discerning,
Attach one silken thread to you
For my returning.
-- E. B. White
Post a Comment