Tuesday, September 9, 2008

STUFF STUFF STUFF

This is definitely worth watching, if you have 20 minutes: http://www.storyofstuff.com/

(It's a little preachy, but very eye-opening and, frankly, pretty overwhelming.)
_________________________________

And on that note, don't forget to set aside your dead electronics and Styrofoam and old batteries for the next electronics recycling day in Decatur.... It should be sometime in late October.
__________________________________

Also, check this out! http://www.terracycle.net/brigades/
You might have seen TerraCycle products at your local nursery or hardware store. They are the ones that sell liquefied worm poop (for your garden), among other products, all packages in reused containers! Well now you can send them various types of trash that will be made into new products! For example, they are collecting granola bar and power bar wrappers (the ones with the foil inner part) and making these:



Pretty cool, right?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you'll like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUDIoN-_Hxs

KB(T) said...

That is absolutely mesmerizing!

Julie of the Wisdom People said...

I finally got a chance to watch the Stuff video. I thought it was going to be a remake of the horror movie "The Stuff," but it was nothing like that. No, I'm just kidding. It was really cool, thanks for posting it. I think that Todd and I are better than the average americans, but we can definitely do better.

Julie of the Wisdom People said...

I found a trailer of the movie the Stuff, just in case you aren't familiar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE6Z1nBqLwo