Friday, August 21, 2009

HGTV no more!

After watching a designer cover half of a bed with satiny throw pillows “to create an illusion of luxury,” I have decided I am never watching HGTV again. Except maybe House Hunters International, but only if they are in a cool city.

Sundry other reasons not to watch any more HGTV:

- All the houses are starting to look exactly the same. The kitchens all have cherry cabinets, granite countertops, tile backsplashes, and stainless steel appliances. I just want to see something different, please. I want to see design rather than formula.

- All the doodads designers put all over the place just drive me crazy. Dust collectors! Why would you put up a wall shelf only to put random and meaningless decorations on it? And what is with all the bowls of apples and/or limes?

- I should be reading Tolstoy (according to my mom).

No comments: