A little grumpy today because:
I keep finding used bathroom paper towels on my desk when I come in to work in the morning.
I cut up a jalapeno pepper last night and even though I washed my hands eleventy billion times and took an extensive shower, my fingers burned all night. Then this morning, I couldn't put my contacts in because when I did, my poor little eyes burned. Was that the most potent jalapeno pepper in all the world? Did I slip and get a hotter pepper by accident?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That SUCKS, I totally feel your pain. If I walk through the kitchen while Jason is cutting onions, I am ruined for the next 1/2 hour.
That paper towel thing is weird. I'd suggest leaving your own cruppled up paper towels before you leave for the day and see if they multiply overnight...
That paper towel thing would totally make me angry. People stink. I had a similar jalapeno experience recently. The one I cut up was freshly grown, so I guess that makes it more potent than the usual store ones. I read online about how to make the pain go away. People suggested alcohol and oil (it's not a heat burn, so it's not supposed to be bad to use oil like it is on real burns), but mostly they said to wear gloves. From now on, that's what I'm doing. It's not worth the risk.
I am never cutting up another hot pepper again, dayum. I just touched the tip of my finger to my tongue and it is STILL SPICY. What gives? It has been 19 hours since I sliced up that bad boy. And it was an old, limp, store-bought pepper that had been sitting in my fridge for WEEKS (yes, that's how I roll, I eat garbage). Do peppers get more potent with age?
I must admit, I don't know what makes them more or less potent. But, I do know that the part that makes them burny is alcohol and oil soluble. Wear gloves to cut them up and then cook them in some kind of alcohol or oil and you should be okay.
Post a Comment