Friday, February 12, 2010

Thank you for being a friend! A round-up.

Y'ALL. I really miss The Golden Girls and also Designing Women. I have many fond memories of totally vegging out in front of a Golden Girls or Designing Women marathon on Lifetime in college. Sometimes one marathon would follow the other, so it would be like 12 hours of feisty women!

Anyway, you'll be happy to know that when I performed a search on Etsy for "Golden Girls," I happened upon 66 results! I didn't have the same luck with "Designing Women." What gives, Etsy? Is it because you are all so intimidated by Julia Sugarbaker? I certainly don't blame you.

I'd like to share some of the treats that can be yours if you are a big GG (um, that's Golden Girls, NOT Gossip Girl, people) fan.

First of all, there is this:



These would be so fun for a fun get-together with the ladies! (Disclaimer: I don't have a lot of get-togethers because of my extreme sluggishness and unwillingness to wear non-elastic waistband pants after a long day at work. Although I do enjoy get-togethers very much. Maybe I should have an extremely informal get-together and demand that everybody wear sweatpants?)

I would describe these with the adjectives "fun" and "different:"



What I really want, though, is that photograph in a frame on a side table in my living room. How can I make that happen?

OMG, guys, imagine the possibilities with THIS!



Seriously, this might make me interested in technology!

Lastly, I think these cross stitches are absolutely brilliant and I would totally hang them in my house but my collection of antique metal mesh purses are already up on the wall, much to BT's chagrin, and I'm not sure if he'd really appreciate some GG cross stitch added to the mix. But just look at them!




I officially decree that these are must-haves for any GG connoisseur.

No comments: