Let me just say first of all that we had lots of fun in Amsterdam and Bruges and Brussels! I had a very interesting 30th birthday, which I maybe won't go into detail about. Also, if you ever want to feel homely and/or frumpy and/or stumpy, simply spend some time in Amsterdam amongst all the tall, young, attractive Dutch people. And if you do, see that you watch out for bikes, because there are approximately 8 bikes per square inch in that city, I am not kidding, and they are all poised and ready to kill you. One man even yelled, "I WILL hit you, I do drugs!" He was laughing, but also completely serious. Also, dodging bikes whilst sliding around on icy cobblestones is QUITE a workout and I believe I lost 5 pounds on this trip, SCORE!
I would also like to point out that, yes, it IS possible for one's hair to be both greasy and statically charged, especially if one's voltage converter that one bought especially for one's straightening iron simply does not work at all and even more especially, if one wanders about in the fog for several days straight wearing a knit hat, and even more especially if one uses a new brand of shampoo that is not appropriate for one's hair type. Just a warning.
Plus, I saw a girl wearing harem pants with light blue Uggs and it confused me even more about the harem pants/shoes issue I have which I have already mentioned too many times on this blog. But I suspect she was onto something with those harem pants because it was below freezing and I think she maybe had a lot of other pants on under those nice, roomy harem pants. Perhaps she even had several other pairs of harem pants on under her harem pants. Like a modern day Matryoshka doll who has been reading too many European street fashion blogs on the internetz.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment