Wow. Sorry about the lame title to this post. I'm terrible at coming up with titles, which explains why I rarely title blog posts.
Anyway. I heard through the grapevine that the Waffle House Museum on College Avenue will be open this Saturday from noon until 3:00, FREE ADMISSION! If you actually want to eat some waffles, though, you will have to go down the street to the other Waffle House, because the museum doesn't serve food.
I've sort of been wanting to visit the Waffle House Museum since I first heard of its existence, but it's just never open, and usually if you want to see it, you have to make an appointment, and.... I'm just not willing to go to the trouble of making an appointment to go see what the Waffle House looked like in 1955. So this is a truly golden opportunity!
I think I might make BT go to the museum with me before he takes me on my pre-Struggles* date. We are going to see the orchids at the Botanical Gardens, which I'm excited about because orchids simultaneously fascinate and unnerve me. We're also going to watch Paper Heart, which looks like it could either be delightfully awkward or unpleasantly indie. I'm leaning toward the former. But I made it through (and even rather enjoyed) Away We Go, so I can handle my indie films.
*I'm about to embark on something which I refer to as The Struggles, the outcome of which will be good in the long term, despite the unpleasantness in the short term. BT is being sweet and taking me on dates and trying to quell my anxiety. He's the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
we tried to rent out the museum for my bday. THey told Jason it wasn't available for events and he said Um, are you outta your mind? You need to fix that.
It is now available for special events.
It would be a cool place for a small-ish event--the diner part is pretty tight quarters. But watch out, they don't serve real food, only plastic food! Mmm, polyethylene bacon....
same diff
Post a Comment