Monday, March 15, 2010

Reasons I'm so busted.

I am a hot mess today and here is why:

1.) I just ate an orange and now I have the dreaded Orange Peel Oil Hands, where the oil from the peel totally finds its way into any and all cracks in one's hands, thereby highlighting them white and making one's hands look dry and aged. Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me? Note to self: after finishing blog post, feverishly apply yet more lotion to hands.

2.) I am wearing a pair of pants that makes it look like I constantly have my fly open when in fact it is secured. People will look at my fly and open their mouths to say something and then notice that the zipper is indeed up and that I'm just a frumpy office assistant with some busted pants. I think this is okay, though, because I spend most of my time behind a desk, fly unseen.

3.) Lastly, and worst of all, the part in my hair and my strong-willed cowlicks have teamed up to make it look like I have a bald spot on the back of my head.

HOT. MESS.

3 comments:

Allen said...

I totally and completely feel your pain;

I just had yummy lime and salt pocorn and the accompanying oily popcorn finger/face paranoia.

I haven't looked at or brushed my hair today and it was still wet when I got to work.

The pants I'm wearing don't have a button, they have a freakishly strong and reliable zipper but thanks to a certain puppy, no button. I keep flantically checking to make sure my shirt is covering said attrocity.

Happy Daylight Savings Time Monday to you, too!

KB(T) said...

Thank you for letting me know I am in good company!

Also, I am cursing myself for not wearing a longer shirt. I need to invest in a few more long shirts, as this is not my only pair of pants with fastening issues.

KB(T) said...

I also want to mention that there is cat hair all over my sweater. And my sweater is a loose-fitting woolen cardigan. Now does everybody see why this blog is called Frumpy Wonder?