As you may or may not remember, I have issues with yogurt commercials in that I hate yogurt commercials with the intensity of 1,000 suns. If you do, too, then please watch this! Immediately! Because this woman is a genius and she will help to turn your advertisement-fueled rage into fun!
That video clip features one of my most hated commercials of all time. The one where the woman is on the phone with her friend, describing all the yogurts she has been eating (what an interesting conversation, sure wish she'd call me!), but because she never says the word "yogurt," her dumb husband is all confused and is desperately searching the refrigerator for key lime pies and peach cobblers and shit.
Which brings us to another brilliant clip from Sarah Haskins involving the concept of the "dumb husband," which I believe irks me even more than yogurt commercials. Check it out.
People often say to me, "You like art, why don't you go into advertising?" No thanks. Not because I'd be a sell-out (I am totally willing to sell out, you guys) but because I would implode with rage from all the generalizations that advertisers apparently have to make to keep the public interested. Also, I think you have to schmooze a lot and attend parties*, two things I try to avoid.
*I should clarify, I like parties, but I have to know more than 3 people there or I will have a panic attack. Not conducive to job success.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment