Thursday, April 15, 2010

Big ol' hypocrite.

Here is why I am a big ol' hypocrite. I go for most of the year feeling all smug because I don't drink soda. I don't want to develop a dowager's hump or a broken hip, y'all! And soda leaches out the sweet, precious calcium. Plus, due to my excessive thirst, I have to constantly be drinking something at all times, and water is free. Which is very sexy for someone as frugal as myself.

But then every Spring, freaking Daylight Savings happens. Yes, it is nice, because when I get home from work, there is still sunlight and I don't feel like I need to immediately gorge myself and then hibernate, like I do during those depressing short days of winter. But it's also bad because that one hour really throws me. The week after Daylight Savings happens, I am so exhausted (no matter how much sleep I get) that I resort to the cola. I just don't want coffee in the afternoon. Coffee makes me even more thirsty than I already am. But you know what hits the spot? Diet Dr. Pepper. Diet Coke. They make me slightly peppier. But only if I have two. Or three! In a row. And then I start craving their sweet effervescence constantly.

So now I'm in the process of weaning myself off the cola again and it's slow going. This happens every year. Next year, maybe I'll invest in a case of Water Joe. Or an enormous bottle of Citracal. Or both.

Oh, Diet Dr. Pepper, you delicious, hateful bitch.

No comments: