1. Gregorian chants. Remember back in the 90s when Gregorian chants were set to sexy beats and played on 99x? What was that about?
2. My best and oldest friend and I went to different elementary schools. Later, when we were discussing our elementary school experience, we realized both schools had put on the same weird play, Steamboatin'. It was a play about people working on the Mississippi River back in the day. I played a "sand bag man." I know, type cast! One of the songs was all, "Muddy water, the Mississippi, WE ALL WORK FOR THE MAN!"
3. When I was in middle school, some friends and I were in the Young Singers of Callanwolde, and some weird rich patron forced us to sing this bizarre group of songs. One of them went like this: "I want to learn to sleeeeeeeep! Like the pigs at the state faaaaaair!" And then we had to snort rhythmically. Yes, rhythmic snorting. So good for the vocal cords. Anjie, if you are reading this, back me up--I'm not making this up am I? And what were the other two songs?
4. My parents were delivered by the same doctor at the same hospital in Roanoke, Virginia but did not meet until they were in college. Also, my mother's mother and my father's father knew each other in high school. What a world!
5. BT & I have been married three years today. This is weird for two reasons: a.) I never used to have much interest in getting married because I never thought I'd meet someone I clicked with well enough to, like, spend forever with. b.) We went to high school together and never said one word to each other the whole 4 years. Granted, I never said much to anyone in high school, but still. BT says we actually had our picture taken together by the yearbook staff when they were getting shots of "Sups and Mosts" our senior year. I don't remember that at all, but BT insists we were posed on either side of a tree, peeking around the trunk. I wish I knew if that picture still existed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
1. I just bought some Gregorian chant windchimes. They are way more awesome that way then set to sexy beats.
2. What is a sand bag man?
3. Callanwolde is creepy in the Prince of Tides and I always think of that when I here it.
4. That is crazy!
5. I remember being at a New Year's Eve party right before you and BT got together. He said that he was trying to get with you, and I was like "Oooh, yes, you should totally do that." I think it was the same New Year's Eve party where I took my pants off in the middle of Allen Bonner's foyer. Good times. (Also, congratulations!)
1.) Gregorian chant windchimes? How do they work exactly? I'm gonna need to Google that now. They sound fancy.
2.) A sand bag man is a dude who has to put sand bags along a river so the river doesn't flood the surrounding area, I think.... I was only in 4th grade, so I just did what I was told! Which was to wear a yellow hat and rain slicker and move fake sandbags around the stage while singing about The Man.
3.) I have not read/seen Prince of Tides, but maybe I will have to now. Is Callanwolde a dude or a place?
4.) I know!
5.) That party was so fun! I remember the pants switching. It was a pants exchange between you and Ben, right? Also, that was the night BT and I had a long conversation about stripper pirates, but I'm not sure exactly what the thesis of that conversation was....
(Thanks!)
I remember the pants switch...totally awesome!
Post a Comment