Monday, April 19, 2010

Can anyone tell me the point of poppy seeds? Is anyone out there actually able to taste them enough that they are worth the trouble of removing them from between teeth?

Who are the people who buy the poppy seed bagels?

I can only assume that eaters of poppy seeds are sensitive enough that they are able to feel the trace amounts of opiates. Otherwise, they would just get a plain bagel or a similarly-bland sesame seed bagel. Sesame seeds between the teeth are somewhat better than poppy seeds, I think.

I prefer pumpernickel, myself. Not that anyone asked.

Speaking of bagels, here is something nasty to start off your week: This lady I work with also works at a deli on the weekends and she says a lot of people get cinnamon bagels with LOX spread on top. Straight. Up. Nasty.

Mmm, fish 'n' cinnamon!

No comments: