Monday, January 14, 2008

Scary office desk drawers.

Well, I did sketches all weekend, but I sort of cheated on my resolution a bit, because I was in a pottery workshop Saturday and Sunday, and I ALWAYS do sketches at workshops. The workshop was great--the potter, Josh DeWeese, is a wonderful potter and very engaging and endearing, which I appreciate because I don't think pretentious and assy potters should exist. We're supposed to be a social people, giving each other support and ideas, and getting together for pot lucks, bringing homemade food in homemade dishes. Snobby, name-dropping potters? What's the point?

Anyway, the workshop was great, and Polly (who makes all the dishes and plates for The Flying Biscuit, by the way) brought in homemade bread both days, which is what I subsisted on all weekend. Well, homemade bread and donuts. And candy. And coffee. Don't judge me! And, yes, I'm ready for a salad.

So my next resolution is:

#2

Tidy up my messy office. Specifically, tackle the scary desk drawers full of crap from the past several years. The reasons I haven't done this yet are twofold: 1.) I am bad at keeping spaces neat, so why even try? (translated: bad attitude); and 2.) I wasn't planning on staying at this job for very long, so it makes me all feel all mopey and droopy and failure-y and, yes, frumpy, to see paperwork dating from 2003 in my own drawer.

I tidied up one drawer on Friday, and it's still neat. And nothing TOO old was in it, so I didn't shed any tears. And all day, I've been peeking into it to admire the neatness.

2 comments:

Anjie said...

you should reward your mad organizational skills with some fun organizational treat from ikea or a new funky notepad for your desk...or crazy, fairly useless paperclips. something. that's how i make myself organize. we just did our out of control kitchen silverware and "extra things" drawers...now i love them! i open them just to admire them.

KB(T) said...

Behavior modification technique--I like it!