Monday, June 22, 2009

As you may be aware, today is Monday. I don't really like to talk about work in this blog, but every Monday (every single Monday) at least two people will come up to me and make a comment about how it's Monday and did I know that Mondays suck?

I mean, I guess Mondays suck and all. But lately I have been having sad thoughts about how much we all look forward to the weekends, willing our weekdays to zoom by so quickly so that we can reach our little two-day oasis. I don't really want time to go in fast forward, though, because I enjoy life very much. I don't want to be in a hurry to get through a perfectly good week where I am healthy and happy just because I don't especially enjoy my job. Do you know what I mean?

3 comments:

Julie of the Wisdom People said...

Excellent philosophy. I am one of those people who are always waiting for the weekend, though. It is sad, I know. I should strive to be more like you.

I also frequently comment on the fact that it is Monday, but that is because I normally stay up too late on Sunday and am very tired all day Monday. My brain works poorly when I'm tired, so I try to use Monday as an excuse for being stupid.

KB(T) said...

I think this blog post and my feelings on the topic of "having a case of the Mondays" stems from the cumulative build-up of "It's Monday, blah" and "It's Friday, TGIF!" comments I have been subjected to over the seeming 1,000 years I have worked at this particular job.... It's just starting to feel like a weird, pointless cycle that has nothing to do with anything real, but I'm stuck in it all the same. Does that make sense?

Julie of the Wisdom People said...

Yes, it makes sense. Annoying people came make slightly annoying things really, really annoying. I hate it when people say things like "TGIF" and "a case of the Mondays" but I still live for the weekends. I was thinking about it, and I think it's mostly actually because I like to sleep late. In a side note, there is a guy who volunteers at the library. He had a stroke and can't say very much. Any time I ask him how he is he sighs and says "Friday," meaning he can't wait 'til Friday. I kinda want to be like "You know you volunteer here. You don't have to come in." Anyway. Sorry for overrunning your blog with my comments.