Let’s talk about the fact that I dropped $19 on some kind of hot pepper nasal spray that claims it will rid me of a cluster headache post haste. That fact indicates my desperation in the following two ways: 1.) My frugal ass paid $19 for it, and 2.) I am willing to spray hot pepper into my delicate pink nostrils.
Does anyone have any other headache remedies? Even (especially) weird home remedies are appreciated. One would think that painkillers (ibuprofen, naproxen, Tylenol [ha!], Excedrin, aspirin, codeine, hydrocodone, etc. etc.) would quell the pain of mes mals a la tete, mais non! What would be neat is if I could rub a lidocaine salve directly into my pulsating brain veins, or better yet, remove the throbbing angry mess that is my achy brain and lock it in my desk drawer until it is willing to behave.
Keep in mind, I drink about 3 liters of water a day, so it’s not dehydration that makes me headachy. Maybe it’s overhydration? But I am so thirsty, dayum.
Anyway, I’m excited and afraid about the hot pepper nasal spray—it will be waiting for me on my doorstep when I get home from work. Maybe the mere fact that I am threatening my nasal cavities with such severe punishment will keep my headaches at bay?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Something that sometimes works for tension headaches is putting a little pressure on your head. Put one hand on the back of your head and the other hand on your forehead and gently squeeze. I don't think it works for anything except tension headaches, though.
Also, when I get headaches, I usually feel them in my eye first. If I take a couple pain killers the very moment that I feel a twinge in my eye, I don't get a headache. If I take a painkiller after my headache is already really bad, it usually doesn't do any good.
I have eye headaches too, Juile!!
KB, have BT do the squeezin, otherwise its like giving yourself a foot rub
think it might be at all sinus related? I've recently trid and can therefore now swear to its amazingness
freeze a water bottle, puck a sock over it and lie on the floor with it under your neck for ~15 to 20 min
call me in the morning
The pressure thing totally helps--in fact, if I could get some kind of human head sized clamp, I totally would!
I always wake up with the headache going at full blast. My eye doctor suggested that if it is indeed sinus/weather related, I should take a decongestant when I know the barometric pressure is going to change. I might try this, but I gotta get a barometer.
Allen, the frozen water bottle thing sounds good whether or not I have a headache! Did you know it's gonna get up to 98 degrees today, eesh.
Post a Comment