We are ripping up all the weeds and shrubs that have taken over our back yard, and replacing them with better and more awesome plants. The only cool thing I have found thus far was a little copper bullet. I'm hoping I find something cooler buried in the dirt because I really like finding things. And maybe I will bury something weird in the dirt so that 50 years from now, someone will be doing some weeding and come across the totally cool thing I buried and wonder about the people who used to live in the house.
One time when I was a little girl, we were sweeping dirt out of our earthen basement and found a leather knife sheath on which was written "Arthur is Lord." Also, in my parents' attic, some past dweller wrote "The Cods Club" at the top of the old ladder. I love living in old houses and thinking about the other people who have lived there.
A friend of mine lives in a house next door to where a voodoo lady used to live. She said that her dogs kept bringing in pieces of vertebrae and she was concerned that a dead person was buried in her yard. Her neighbor told her not to worry, that the vertebrae were just from a sacrificial pig or something and that a voodoo lady used to live in their house and they were used to finding weird stuff like suitcases full of honey and shoes. By the way, if you want someone to fall in love with you, put some honey in a suitcase. Who knows why the shoes were in the suitcase, too. I guess the voodoo lady wanted all her bases covered.
And speaking of voodoo, BT learned the hard way that if you ever want to sell your house, you ought not to have little bags of bad mojo hidden all around your property. When he was a real estate agent, his first listing apparently had these little bags buried everywhere, according to the owner. We never found any bad mojo bags, but we sure did find some doll heads buried in the garden. I bet if we had found those bad mojo bags, that house would have sold.
I'm going to bury a time capsule soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That soes seem fun to find stuff like that. When we were kids we used to fnd stuff and act like it was something cool...but it really was something lame. Once we found something, and we all pretended we found a kneecap. I have no idea what it actually was, but we made up a whole story about what must have happened to the kid that belonged to that kneecap. Good times. You should for sure bury stuff.
I totally thought of that kneecap story, too. I think it was a shell or something. Finding things is totally, awesome. Not that I ever do. The closest I come to that is finding treasures in the library.
I loved the treasures you posted from the library! They were awesome. Maybe in addition to burying stuff, I will also start leaving notes and pictures tucked into library books.
You guys, I found this weird thing in my yard that looks like what I think a kneecap would look like, but it was HUGE so it would have had to have belonged to someone with giant knees. I wonder what is the deal with finding kneecaps.
Post a Comment