Friday, March 6, 2009

Family secret

Let's discuss Absorbine, Jr.

My great grandfather lived to be 103, people. I attribute this to several factors, which include:

1.) His strong constitution. I mean, he contracted Spanish flu in 1918 and LIVED.
2.) Healthy diet. Every time we would visit him, he would have piles upon piles of unopened candy boxes. Visitors were always bringing him candy, but he never ate it. We brought him dried fruit and nuts, which he did eat. Of course, he did make a weekly trip to the local Burger King, but he indicated that was mainly for socializing purposes.
3.) General awesomeness. He was really awesome and told awesome stories about doing construction on the Empire State Building and Radio City Music Hall and all kinds of other awesome things.
4.) ABSORBINE JR.

According to my mom, my great-grandfather recommended Absorbine Jr. for just about any ailment. And you guys, he was a man who knew what he was doing. According to the website, "Absorbine Jr.® is a natural blend of botanical extracts that provides temporary relief of muscle aches, pains, strains, backache and arthritis. It also soothes hot, tired, itchy feet and has antiseptic qualities to help prevent infections. Over the years, Absorbine Jr. has become so popular that today it is in more of the nation's homes than any other liquid pain reliever."

You guys, if you have a hot foot, you now know what to do.

But wait there's more; now it has been discovered that Absorbine Jr. helps keep "giant gnats" away!

Now I will treat you to an old-fashioned Absorbine Jr. advertisement.



P.S., From the above advertisement, I have deduced that it is helpful to have a disembodied hand with which to apply the Absorbine Jr.
P.P.S., The point of this blog entry was twofold: to talk about how awesome my great-grandfather was, and to inform people of the wonders of Absorbine Jr.
P.P.P.S., Absorbine Jr. has been around for like 115 years, I just wanted to point that out.

2 comments:

Allen said...

Pain reliever? Booo, I thought his name was Absorbine Jr. That would have been much cooler...

KB(T) said...

I agree, if I ever have a kid I will name him/her Absorbine Jr. I know for a FACT that BT would be okay with that. Plus, it is practically a family name.