Friday, March 20, 2009

I am not-so-patiently waiting for flattering pants to come back into style. ANY DAY NOW, FASHION. I suffered through muffin-top inducing super low-rise jeans, skinny jeans, high-waisted pants and NOW....



Imagine my dismay when I got an email from Anthropologie announcing its new line of harem pants.

The ones shown above aren't even that bad, either. I consulted my trusty internets, and was treated to the following items, which I will post for your enjoyment and perusal:

Apparently drop-crotch pants are included in this fad. Why do we need all that room in the crotches of our pants, WE ARE GIRLS! (Also, this picture of menacingly marching disembodied be-haremed legs is TERRIFYING):



And just look at this stunning formal harem onesie. Never has this model EVER felt so feminine as when she steps into this beauty of a garment:



This model is totally working her high-waisted, suspendered drop-crotch harem contraption. I think I speak for us all when I say that She. Looks. Hot.:

3 comments:

little.monkey said...

Sadly, I have a friend who would look good in that stuff. She's a freak. But ever one else in the world...not so much. You could probably pull most of it off actually. although, I don't know why you would want to though, cause they are horrrrrriiiible!

Julie of the Wisdom People said...

Egads! I am glad that I don't care about being fashionable, because I would be pretty upset. It's somewhat upsetting to walk into a store and see things like that, though.

I always think about that Stuff video you posted, where it talked about the shoes having thick heels, then skinny heels. They are having to come up with new and horrible things to make people continue to buy new clothes!

KB(T) said...

Next time I find myself out shopping, I am going to try some on. I will let you know how it goes!

You make a good point about Stuff. And I have a prediction that in 5 years, thrift stores will be full of harem pants and drop-crotch capris that they simply cannot get rid of.

What do you think they next awful pants style will be? I am predicting acid wash tapered jeans with a zippered ankle.